Candida's homemade granola, which we serve at breakfast, is extremely popular and Candida often gets asked for her recipe, so we've popped it together below for you to try out at home. Enjoy!
- 4 cups of oats - porridge
- Half a cup of chopped nuts (Candida adds brazils & hazelnuts)
- Half a cup of dark brown sugar
- Half a tsp of salt
- A quarter cup of olive or veg oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Quarter cup of maple syrup, honey or golden syrup (Candida prefers maple)
- Half to one cup of mixed seeds (Candida buys hers in Lidl)
- Optional - Candida adds quarter cup of finely ground cardamom and a pinch of cinnamon.
Add mixed dried fruit when cooked.
Mix honey or maple syrup with the oil, mix all the dry ingredients and add the honey/syrup/ oil mix.
Spread thinly on baking trays and bake at 180C until golden, turning all the time. Time-wise, cook it until its cooked to your liking or is golden brownish in colour!
The darker (within reason) the crisper.